Skip to content

Council and housing association homes

Look for a privately rented home

Look for a privately-rented home, and you could find just what you want . . .

• Homes available now, with no waiting lists and no red tape!
• Choose from one-bed studio flats to big family houses.
• Get Housing Benefit to cover some or all your rent if you're on a low income.
• Choose a part-furnished, or unfurnished home to suit you best.

Let's help you

'Lets Help You' is our partner-website, specially set up for you to find a home from a Manchester private landlord. Check how much rent you can afford, and see lists of properties that match what you want.

Open to all

Our landlords offer homes to people who get benefit to help pay their rent, AND to those who can pay all the rent themselves. Let's help you find a property you can afford to call home!

Work out what you can afford

If you're on a low income you may need benefit to help pay your rent. Use our simple calculator to work out how much you could get, then look at homes that fit the bill.

Browse or sign in

You can see lots of details of all the available homes. But you'll need to register on the site before you contact a landlord. Once you've registered you can save details of what you're looking for and sign up for email alerts. If you can't find anything suitable now, there'll be many more homes coming up in the next few months.

Let's help you

Go to Lets Help You

The legal stuff

Lets Help You is a free service for private landlords and people looking for a home in Manchester. It brings landlords and tenants together in a fast and easy self-service website.

Potential tenants can calculate their likely benefit entitlement to see which properties they can afford, and can then choose from lists of homes that match their circumstances.

Landlords' information on the Let's Help You website must be correct and up-to-date. But we can't accept responsibility for the accuracy of this information. Make sure you are happy with the property and the landlord before you go ahead.

This service is funded by Manchester City Council and the Department of Work and Pensions.